For the first time ever, the Waterman World Series Finals will take place on Maui’s North Shore. The weekend events will take place from Friday October 14th-Sunday October 16th. This annual water sports event has been held at the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s North Shore for over 4 years. Now, the promoters feel that Maui is the best place for the event, and rightfully so. Due to the fact that Maui is an internationally renowned location for epic water sports athletes and conditions, it’s not a surprise that the 2016 Waterman League World Series Finals will be held at famous North Shore Maui beaches. There’s no better time than now to check out incredible oceanfront properties in Maui.
“The principle reason for this move is that there is no doubt that Maui has established itself as a global racing epicenter, with incredibly consistent tradewinds and ideal conditions for downwind paddling that have made the ‘Maliko Run’ one of the World’s Premier downwind courses.” (WatermanLeague.com, 2016)
If you’ve ever pondered or considered how amazing your daily life could be if you lived on Maui’s North Shore, this is a great time to explore opportunities further. If you’ll be attending the Waterman World Series Finals on Maui, visit some Maui properties with ocean views that are currently for sale while you’re on island. For the internationally inclined water sports enthusiasts, the North Shore of Maui is the epitome of perfection for a life surrounded by ocean related activities, ideal ocean and wind conditions and a a healthy lifestyle. Maui’s North Shore community consists of a fantastic melting pot of cultures; professionals, water sports athletes, entrepreneurs and artists that all embrace Maui’s beautiful island lifestyle.
This weekend, the very best water athletes in the world will compete at a variety of the 2016 World Series Finals events on Maui. There’s a $25,000 professional sporting action purse award, the world famous Maliko Run, an Open Surfing Exhibition, a professional Meet & Greet, social events at local restaurants and breweries, and youth racing and surfing events throughout the weekend.
2016 WORLD SERIES FINALS EVENT SCHEDULE
Thursday, October 13th-
- Meet & Greet at Adventure Sports Maui at 5pm. Here, Maui’s water sports community and water sports professionals will join together to celebrate the opening of the 2016 World Series Finals
Friday, October 14th-
- Maui’s water sports community and water sports professionals will get together for a red carpet night at Rock & Brews in Paia at 6pm
Saturday, October 15th-
- Na Kama Kai Youth Clinic will take place from 9:30-11am at Kanaha Beach Park
- U16 Na Kama Youth Challenge (U16 & U12 Racing) starts at 12pm at Kanaha Beach Park
- The Long Distance Race begins at 1:30pm at Maliko Gulch, and ends at Kanaha Beach Park
- An Awards Presentation will take place at 4pm at Kanaha Beach Park
- Live Music & Entertainment from 1pm-6pm at at Kanaha Beach Park
Sunday, October 16th-
- Na Kama Kai Youth Surfing Championships (U12 &U16) from 9-11am at Ho’okipa Beach Park
- Ho’okipa Shootout Surf Exhibition from 11am-12:30pm at Ho’okipa Beach Park
- World Series Sprints from 1pm-4:30pm at Ho’okipa Beach Park
- An Awards Presentation will take place at 5pm at Ho’okipa Beach Park
- 2016 World Series Finals Awards Event will take place at Maui Brewing Company in Kihei at 7pm
Learn more about the 2016 Waterman World Series Finals here